What is NIPT (New Prenatal Diagnosis)?
The mother's blood contains a small amount of cell free DNA, a piece of fetal chromosome. By examining a piece of this chromosome, it is possible to find a chromosomal disease. This test is a non-deterministic test, but it is a highly accurate test method to check for chromosomal diseases.
What the TOKYO CLINICAL LABORATORY
can help with
If you live in a rural area and want to receive NIPT, we can introduce you to an institution that is easy for pregnant women to undergo tests. We will explain in advance according to the convenience of pregnant women.We accept reservations on the day of the week and time of your choice.
For pregnant women who wish to have NIPT test
If you are pregnant with NIPT testing, please check the following flow and contact the TOKYO CLINICAL LABORATORY (0120-806-182).
In addition, you can check the facilities (bases) where you can take NIPT inspection here.
About the flow of the inquiry
Contact the TOKYO CLINICAL LABORATORY
We will ask you your name, phone number, number of weeks, PC environment, etc.
Pre-explanation through monitor
We will explain the future flow from the contents of NIPT inspection.
Information on inspection agencies
We will guide you to the inspection agency near you.
Confirm your reservation
We will ask you about the date and time of the inspection in advance to the third hope.After contacting the inspection agency, we will inform the patient of confirming the reservation as soon as the date and time are decided.
We will send you a questionnaire one week before the date of the examination.
After signing the consent form, you will be asked to collect blood.
Notification of test results
The test results will be reported by e-mail.
If you have such a request,
please contact us.
"I have bad morning sickness, so I'd like to have an examination nearby."
"It's hard to stay far away and go for an inspection."
"Can't you get an explanation at home?"
What you can see from the inspection
21 Trisomy Syndrome (Down syndrome)
- It is a disease of the number of autosomal chromosomes that the chromosome 21 increases by one for some reason when the chromosome is received half by parents.In addition, the aging of pregnant women is also a factor.It is seen in the frequency of one in 800 girls.
Symptoms: Intellectual disability, developmental retardation, decreased muscle tone
18 Trisomy Syndrome
- It is a disease of the number of autosomal chromosomes that the chromosome 18 increases by one for some reason when the chromosome is received half by parents.It is seen at a frequency of about one in about 6,500 births.It is often a spontaneous miscarriage.There are more girls than boys, and the percentage is 1:3.
Main symptoms: growth disorders and physical characteristics from the fetal stage (overlapping fingers, short sternum, legs on swing chair), congenital heart disease
13 Trisomy syndrome
- It is a disease of the number of autosomal chromosomes that the chromosome 13 increases by one for some reason when the chromosome is received half by parents.It is seen at a frequency of one in 5,000 to 12,000 births.
Main symptoms: microcephaly, skull partial defect, small eye disease, cleft lip and palate, single palm line
Monosomy X syndrome (Turner syndrome)
- When parents receive half of the chromosomes, it is caused by an abnormality of the sex chromosome caused by one x chromosome deletion or structural abnormality for some reason.It is seen at a frequency of one in 4,000 births.It is the most common of the sex chromosome abnormalities in girls.
Main symptoms: short stature, lymphedema, swelling, sagging, menstrual abnormalities behind the neck
Triple X Syndrome (47, XXX)
- It is a disease of the sex chromosome that the X chromosome becomes three (or more) for some reason when the chromosome is received half by parents.It is seen at a frequency of one per 1,000 births of girls.The fetus is more likely to experience this syndrome.
Main symptoms: There are no features that can be seen at first glance.There is a mild decrease in intelligence.Triple X syndrome can cause irregular menstruation and infertility, but it can also give birth to a child who has normal chromosomes and is physically normal.It is said that there are intellectual disabilities and physical disabilities as the number of X chromosomes increases with four (47, XXXX) or five (49, XXXXX).
Kleinfelter Syndrome (47, XXY)
- It is a disease of the sex chromosome that X chromosome becomes two or more for some reason when the chromosome is received half by half from parents.It is seen in the frequency of one in 1,000 births of boys.
Main symptoms: height, gynecomastia, azoospermia
47, XYY syndrome
- It is a disease of the sex chromosome that the Y chromosome becomes two for some reason when the chromosome is gotten half by half from parents.It is seen in the frequency of one in 1,000 births of boys.
Main symptoms: delay in height and intellectual development
Fertility is fertile, and in general, it is possible to live a normal life in society.
- Sex chromosomes have X and Y chromosomes.Men have XY and women have XX.
When sperm with y chromosome is fertilized in the mother's egg, it becomes XY, and it becomes XX when the sperm with the X chromosome in the boy and mother's egg is fertilized, and it becomes a girl.
If a number abnormality of the sex chromosome is observed, there is no determination of the sex.
(Pregnant women who wish to have NIPT test)